Samstag, 21. März 2020

Magengo Design No Glue Butterfly Box

I will show you today another fun project. 

This time I use follow product:


This is the Butterfly No Glue Box cutting file.

How do I cut?

My husband have my Silhouette in his store and I have a Brother Scan and Cut machine at home. I wasn't sure, if it works with this machine, but I am so happy that it works perfect. 

I opened the software from Brother, called canvasworkspace.brother.com/. This is a free online tool and I opened the svg file there. I delete at first the butterfly extras, because I want to cut the box first and send this to my machine. I saved the new form on my machine, after than I made the same, but this time I saved the butterfly details. 

Normally I color stamps, so I am not professional for cutting things, like this ;)

How do the box?

It is really easy. I try it first with my card stock paper (white). After cutting I fold all lines. 
I made one mistake to close the box and at last the butterfly, but this doesn't work, it broke. 
Hmmm, another try and voilà a perfect box... 
I am so happy, really it works with no glue... 
Great idea.

My inspirations


this are my first boxes. I cut  the box with white card stock and the butterfly details in gold and blue glitter paper... I glue at first the outside butterfly on my box and after than I used the other paper pieces to fit into the butterfly... 


Hmm, how looks a box with a black glitter outline? So I made this simple box. How will look the butterfly on a card? I use a A2 (US format), paper cut the butterfly details in glitter blue and used the paper pieces from the black one. I glue it on a white card stock and fuzzy cut it out. After than I draw a butterfly body into the mid and glue the fly's only to the body side on the card, the other one are lift a little bit. At last I used a sentiment from my stuff. 


Now I try colorful paper for my next project. 


This time I use a colorful card stock from my stuff and decide to made the butterfly black and white with glitter paper. It looks so wonderful with  the glitter effect.


I have also other butterfly dies at home and this time I decide to use a cutting body for the butterfly not only on the card, rather on the box too.  This time I used my Xron for glue the pieces, this is efficient and clean, as with glue ;)


On the card I use a strip pattern paper, the same like for the box and add a black wooden strip behind, so it's pop a little bit. I use also a sentiment from my stuff.

I hope you will like this cutting file and you can really made a lot of fun boxes or cards. 

Wish you a wonderful crafty weekend.

Hugs Ute


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen